Unreal Material Editor problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal Material Editor problem

hi. i saw editing a texture after a tutorial in unreal material editor , and my result is not the same
    here is how it is Result
    here is how it should be Expected_Result
    Thanks for your suport, and hope you find time for a begginer ,
    Robert
    Updated(posted the same pic)

looks same to me.. mmm

Comment

oops, i posted the same picture.....,edited
      here is how it is Result
      here is how it should be Expected_Result
      Thanks,
      Robert

Comment

The Texture Sample you are feeding into the Lerp block's Alpha tab is very different (it's darker) than the expected result's one - so you may not get same effect. It's probably picking up a lot more of B than A ... for example, if you switch the A and B inputs there, you'll find that you get a lot more of that cherry red color showing up all of a sudden.

OK - so one thing you could do is copy-paste that brick texture sample to a new block instead of feeding the same thing to both B and Alpha. On the sample feeding Alpha, you can do a level adjustment to brighten it up by connecting the Texture Sample and a Constant value to a Multiply block, and then feed that result into the Alpha tab. If you use a value higher than 1, you will basically lighten up that texture ... tweak around and you'll find a sweet spot where the Lerp will show a mix of both things you want on the material.

Comment

thx , you were right it worked right

Comment

Working...
          X