"Need Help UV Mapping This Model"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Need Help UV Mapping This Model"

Could someone please help me to UV Map this model correctly. I have tried everything and cant seem to get it right. I hate UV's. Please go to my 4shared link below and download this model and see if you can help me out....Thanks

http://www.4shared.com/file/zZzq9p91...aracter_1.html

U got a picture of it? and what format is your file in? obj? Max?

Comment

either A:get a real unwrap tool not the 3dsmax one or B pay someone because its going to take hours to weld the UV map back together

Comment

The file is in .OBJ format, what would be a REAL unwrap tool other than 3DS MAX? Im not a hardcore modeler or anything, plus im making an entire game from start to finish on my own...Looking for help, even posted it on this forum but no responses...Anyhow the model looks exactly how i want it for right now, im just having a shyt time texturing and UVmapping. I can Model, Rig and animate as well as build the levels and everything else myself...Side note, if i were to have to pay someone, how much would that run me?

Comment

flatiron is quite good, or unwrella2. and it really depends some charge by the hour some will do a fixed amount but if you were to pay me(i dont have time at the moment finishing other work) id be wanting at least £30/(conversion about) $45 purely because of the time it would take to weld the mesh back togehter in the uv unwrap. but i dont do this stuff as my sole business so more people might charge more. if you want you could ask in #3dsmax on efnet servers on an IRC client. a few of the guys there have worked on some good stuff like harry potter and salt. even Thomas Surrland hangs in there. might be able to give you better advice than anyone on these forums as they use 3dsmax for their living

Comment

thanks for that info...i actualy have Flatiron and Unwrella..never thought to use them though.....but ill look into that site you mentioned, thanks

Comment

Here is your file unwrap, only (flaps on dress & boots are left for unwrap).
              its not pro, nor amateurish, but you can call it noob wrap

http://www.filefactory.com/file/ccd529e/n/Model.3ds

Here is the pic

Comment

ah man, thats cool...not the designs you drew but the fact that i know that my model isnt completely helpless and ther eis still hope in it.. and i thank you for reuploading it...youre awesome

Comment

want me to rig it?

Comment

sorry for the late response, been working hard...Naw i know how to rig, im still a bit baffeled though on how to texture....you can help me with that if you have the time and will...

Comment

hmm, texture is bit problematic for me, as you can see for yourself from the pic. by the way, next time try to create each attachment separately in your model. like the belt on the shirt, also, mirror your mesh half side (don't know what you call it in 3ds or maya), so that its easy to add up edge loops , cuts etc.
                      Anyway, i'll try to texture it, if you have something in mind, do share up (PM me)

Comment

o, ok, i model in Blender and its called mirror. i will remember to seperate my pieces, i always thought that they had to be connected to add to your game. i dont have a texture in mind but i will look into one and get back to you

Comment

if you work in blender, then send me your blender file, i'll texture it, and resend it for you.

Comment

ok, i attached the model in .blend format...see what you can do
                            Attached Files

Comment

ok, got the file.

Comment

Working...
                              X