[Solved] Can't see imported meshes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Solved] Can't see imported meshes

I've been making meshes using 3DS Max and exporting as .FBX files to use in UDK. They import into the content browser without any issues, however when I put the mesh into the perspective viewport it doesn't appear. I can see the wireframe of the mesh in the side and top viewports as well as when I run the game, but not in perspective view. Anyone know how to solve this issue? Trying to heightmap is extremely hard when I can't see how high/low it has to be

enable/disable gaming mode (G) on toolbar and Realtime (joystick) buttons.

Comment

Do other meshes which you haven't made yourself disappear in that viewport, or are yours the only static meshes not showing up? Pressing "W" toggles statics from view - which is a terrible button because it's used to move the camera forward in many other packages right ... and the camera movement in UDK only works on W if you are holding the right-mouse button down, so its super easy to press accidently.

Note: "Q" toggles BSP, "E" toggles Decals, etc etc. Note that you can also get at these by clicking the dropdown arrow at the very left side of the buttons along the top of the viewport, going to the "Show" menu and checking the list for what's visible where. Make sure "Static Meshes" has a checkbox next to it.

Comment

Thanks guys, works now. Muchly appreciated!

Comment

Working...
        X