Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I use Paint.NET to make textures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I use Paint.NET to make textures?

I was wondering if I should use Paint.NET to make my textures or does anyone have any suggestions??

Sure, why not? Its free has a wide range of supported formats and the learning curve is quite short.

Comment

While I was using Paint.NET for almost 4 years before switching to GIMP 2 years before, I can't really recommend it, now that I am making use of GIMP's advanced features.
      Maybe it's better to take your time and learn GIMP, download a few good plug-ins (like the resynthesizer and the normalmap) and start creating your textures there; you'll soon notice that all the photoshop tutorials can be easily done with GIMP, but not-so-easy with Paint.NET

So, my suggestion is: If you never did texturing/designing before, it's best to use Paint.NET, it has a good leanring curve; but if you already know the general handling of graphic programs, you should consider learning GIMP.

Comment

I agree with @Analdin
        Gimp is a real good alternative, in fact the best free alternative available. it has some advance features, and plug-ins.
        You can easily learn gimp by reading a book "Grokking with Gimp", available on net (free).

Comment

Working...
        X