Static Mesh Material problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    you can change the orientation (Axes) of sockets as well in editor.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow didnt realize you could do it in the editor, so handy editor thanks a lot

Leave a comment:

• replied
    sockets can only be joined to bones. so you need a skeletal mesh to add sockets to them.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ahh there we go also, weapon attachments like MuzzleFlash, they connect to something called sockets in 3ds max, the way in maya is by using joints I guess? and what is the commando instead of "MuzzleFlashSocket=MuzzleFlashSocket"?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    you can apply material to static mesh in LOD
    Here are the steps.

LOD > [0] > Elements > [0] > Materials

Hope it helps

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Static Mesh Material problem.

Static Mesh Material problem.

Heya I'm new here, used to work with a few other students on a HL2 project but finaly moved to UDK hehe. So far its greate but came across a problem.

First of I'm trying to make a muzzleflash (following http://forecourse.com/unreal/UDKMake...System480.html) for my custom weapon since there are no "Real life" flashes in UDK.

So what I got is mesh in maya with a material, imported it into UDK. Since it doesnt have any bones its registerd as a "Static Mesh". I create a material using the "MeshSubUv" from the texture list and black--->Emessive and white---->opacity. So far its right?

And I remember when assigning a material to the mesh you open the model viewer in this case Static mesh editor. Here is the problem, there is no line to enter the material. I cant assign the material to the mesh..

Thanks
Working...
X