Zbrush 4 UV Master closed shell error?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zbrush 4 UV Master closed shell error?

I am receiving an error when trying to unwrap a model using UV master "Unwrap not performed because the mesh contains closed shells! Open them or disable 'UseExistingSeams'." Any idea how to fix this? And what is a closed shell? The mesh is a human made in Maya with UV's made for face and eyeballs in maya only. I usually do this for characters and then auto wrap in Zbrush for the rest of the body and never have had this problem. When I hit "flatten" under uv master the uv's for face and eyes are correctly imported, however they are flipped upside down, not sure if that is related. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

With "UseExistingSeams" you must have made your seams in another package, such as 3dsmax. It seems you forgot to unwrap something, so it doesn't have any seams and is impossible to unwrap.
    Either you can uncheck UseExistingSeams and let zbrush do the seams for you, or go back to your modeling program and finish up unwrapping your models and try again.

Comment

I only want to use maya to unrap the face and eyes, and then use Zbrush uvmaster for the rest. I have used this process many times and zbrush recognizes the face being uv'd and it works nicely, is there anything else I can check that might be causing this problem, because I use this method all the time without this issue. So confused! Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
      X