No announcement yet.

FBX import for all objects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm using max 2012 with fbx 2012 for skeletal meshes.. and smoothing groups don't import at all for me.

It is pretty bad that the udk fbx support is designed with just smoothing groups in mind.. especially since max is really the only commonly used app that supports it.

Comment

So looks like it's back tot he drawing board when it comes to skelital meshes then. Oh well.

Comment

Any update concerning importing Skeletal Meshes using FBX with Max2012? Is the only solution reverting back to 2011 and using ActorX?

Comment

No FFS, does nobody read?
          When you export from a 2012 (Max, Maya, wtf ever), in the FBX export dialog, choose version FBX2011 - which is what Epic uses.

Comment

Well, obviously DAZ Studio, Bryce and/or Carrara FBX doesn't seem to do matters, either. I'm hopeful that this will be resolved in due time, too...

Comment

I'm getting the same results here with blender 2.59 version of the software. FBX for static meshes works great but crashes and burns on meshes with armatures in them.

So Darknet, what's the proper way to export these babies to UDK? Simply put my bones are getting all messed up in the transferring process.

Comment

I dunno, I'll have to look through this documentation from Jeff to see how far things can go with FBX imports. Things could get a tad tricky with the whole kit and kaboodle. We'll see what he has to say.

EDIT: Well, hate to say it guys, but upon reading the documentation, it can only accept FBX 2011 mesh exports. So it seems like a lot of non-Autodesk exports to FBX will be rendered incompatible. So it might wind up being best downloading the Autodesk FBX 2011 package to resolve this. Let's see what happens.

Comment

Working...
                X