Exporting weapon using Actorx in 3ds max problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Are you saying that me not having the green triangle bones in my gun is the cause of all my errors? because if you look in the pic 3dsmaxgun.jpg I posted before you will see a white bone in the barrel of the gun. What do you think?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The green pyramids are the bones,which arent really "bones" but they are used for that purpose.Instead of using bones,you use the pryamids to subsitute bones.Did you attach all the parts of your gun into one?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I followed the video and exported my gun via actorx. I got the following errors.
    Node without matching vertices encountered for mesh: [Box03]
    Node without matching vertices encountered for mesh: [Box05]
    Warning: 333 'Unmatched node ID' Physique skin vertex errors encountered
    Unsmooth groups processing: [1641] vertices added
    Skin file GUNEXPORT.PSK written

When I import the psk to udk I get message
    "Warning skeletal mesh is has no vertex influences"
    And as you can see in guninudk.jpg. Half the gun isn't there.

Whats difference between your gun in the video and my gun in the pic below?
    I dont understand whats with all the green triangles. Are they supposed to be bullets. If so I already have projectile set up in my projectile factory kismet code.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    http://sites.google.com/site/ut40kmo...ideo-tutorials

the videos are full screen capture at 1280x1024 reselution, beleave it or not i'm using max 9 or max 2008 in the video's also Unreal Editor, there have been a few changes between UT3 and UDK

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I dont understand what these videos in the pic have to do with skinning and weighing the gun. Your not even using 3ds max in these videos. Am I looking at the wrong tutorials because I thought you said "download/watch the UT3 weapon tutorials and then the UDK weapon updates"
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    first "DO NOT USE PHYSQUE" now pop over to my tutorial website and download/watch the UT3 weapon tutorials and then the UDK weapon updates, once you've done that have another go, if you get any problems with my tutorials then please post on my support thread

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Tell me if I'm doing this right.
    I click the bone in the gun and then choose skin modifier. Then click remove zero weights.(nothing comes up when I click that.) Check pic for reference
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well,first off,place your bone inside your mesh,then in the modiefeirs select the Skin modifier or Physique modefier.I really cant explain weighing but you tell each mesh which bone it has to follow.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I did not do that.
    I don't know if I skinned the bone to the mesh all I did was move a bone inside the gun. If I didn't skin it then can you give me a detailed explanation on how to skin the bone to the mesh and weight it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Did you skin the bone to the mesh and weigh it?

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Exporting weapon using Actorx in 3ds max problem

Exporting weapon using Actorx in 3ds max problem

Hi
    I want to add my own custom weapon into the udk.
    I'm trying to export my gun out of 3ds max using actorx plugin but when I click save mesh/refpose I get error "Unsmooth groups processing: [0] vertices added" and "Warning: No valid skin triangles digested (mesh may lack propper mapping or valid linkups"
    I added a bone to the butt of the gun so I can use it in udk and import it as skeletal mesh. (I think it has to be skeletal mesh not sure though) After adding bone is there someway to link it like in the error message or you just place the bone in the gun like in the pic below. and also the file doesn't appear in the output folder.
    Attached Files
Working...
X