Material Blending Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Material Blending Issue

Hello all! Frequent lurker here with a problem I feel I'm spending far too much time on

I created a mesh in max and imported into UDK which I've done countless times, so I'm unsure of why I'm getting an issue.

So basically, Its a door with steel frames and a glass window. I want the window to be partially see through. I can't seem to accomplish that because of the Material Editor. Every time I change the blending mode to anything that's not BLEND_Opaque, my mesh turns Translucent. Could anyone tell me why it's doing this now? I've done countless alpha maps and have used different blend modes before and I've never had this issue before.

Thanks!

Just a guess, but should you have 2 different material ids for the mesh. One for the opaque textures and one for the window?

Comment

I'm not really sure about that to be honest. I made a fence and used an alpha to create the holes and it worked just fine. Essentially, I have my UV Space set up specifically for an alpha to make the window translucent. Also (I find this odd), even if I don't have any maps attached to the opacity/opacity mask node, the entire object is still translucent in all the blend modes except for Opaque. :S

Comment

Well, when you change the modes (opaque, additive, etc), you are changing it for the entire material. This is why you can use alpha channels to make specific parts invisible and still have the rest of the material be opaque.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiGmbH8nl_A

Comment

Thanks for share with me because i have learned many more things it will helpful at my work.
            ------------------
            serial killers list

Comment

Working...
            X