Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Create material using Zbrush (zbrush to udk)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Create material using Zbrush (zbrush to udk)

are there any tutorials on exporting materials from zbrush to udk.

how do i get my polypainting in zbrush unto my skeletal mesh in udk?
    thanks

Well it depends on what your mesh is going to be used for but it's a pretty simialr workflow either way.

Firstly make sure your low mesh is unwrapped, you can do this in ZBrush but I don't think the results will be satisfactory in UDK due to the fact that it literally splits your UV's into a million and 1 islands. So you're better off doing that in a separate program like Max, Maya etc.

Then once you've got it unwrapped, import the low back into ZBrush so you've got your UV's then make a texture from Polypaint. There are plenty tutorials for baking a poly paint to texture.

Then simply import the texture into UDK, make a material and apply it to your mesh in-engine. Remeber you'll have to import the mesh with the new UV's. =)

Comment

You can also use xnormal to bake your color/normal from your high poly to your low poly. I think there's a free video on eat3D for that.

Comment

When i do this, my textures/materials wont line up right with my skeletal mesh, and the black boarders will appear on the mesh too.

Comment

I don't know if I'm right, but is this sort of what you are talking about?

http://vimeo.com/21194112

Comment

Working...
          X