Applying the UT3 rig to existing mesh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    This one was vague for me, too. Scratch that, it's all vague, but I eventually got it.
    I had my mesh and rig set, made sure to unfreeze the mesh.

On a tut, I saw their mesh was set as an editable poly, so I right click and do that but I'm not sure if it's necessary.
    With the mesh selected, go to the upper right, the tab that looks like a rainbow in a square, that's your modifier tab.

Pull down the modifier list, and go down to "skin" and click that. Then along the right will be a box with Bones and an ADD button.
    Click that and a menu will pop up and list the elements in your scene. Select ONLY the bones. I spent too much time wondering why my mesh was deforming horribly and it's because I somehow set the mesh itself as a bone.. ugh..

Any bizarre deformations at that point, and you just need to edit the Weight Envelopes, big button above the bones list. All the weights show as pill shapes that you can adjust to fix any weirdness.

I'm pretty much a beginner, but I hope I got that all correct.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCRbj...el_video_title

This guy's videos helped me understand it. Hopefully that is pretty much the same as regular rigging...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    check my tutorials they should help you along the way

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If your talking to me then,yes i know.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yes i realize there IS a button, but you have to do more than just click it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    there actually is a button,its called the skin modifier,well it isnt a button,btw,well after u apply the skin modifer you have to weight it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    do a search for character rigging because theres a bit more to it than just clicking a button

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Applying the UT3 rig to existing mesh

Applying the UT3 rig to existing mesh

How can i "apply" the rig to the mesh, after positioning it? I can't find this button anywhere in 3DS Max. :O
Working...
X