How to import model from 3dsmax with texture into UDK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to import model from 3dsmax with texture into UDK

Hi, i'm new to this forum and UDK i have couple of models i want to import into udk can some help me with this?

First i saved file in .ASE format with textures and imported into udk i via content browser i get it as mesh then i double click on the mesh and select collision type to "block all" the entire model is like a interior house so when i click on "play here" i drop out of the mesh and land on the terrain. And there is no texture to the mesh even if i save in fbx. And in fbx i don't get it as single model instead in bits and pieces of each polygon

You still need to import the texture file and make a material that you apply to the mesh.

You also need to setup a collision. It is done by either ticking off all the simple collision checkboxes, making a simple collision in udk, or making one in Max.

Comment

Originally posted by Graylord View Post
      You still need to import the texture file and make a material that you apply to the mesh.

You also need to setup a collision. It is done by either ticking off all the simple collision checkboxes, making a simple collision in udk, or making one in Max.
      Collision type : collide_Block all
      Collide complex: checked

Comment

Collision type is not the same as having a collison mesh, it's just how the game interacts with the mesh.

Comment

i have a pillar i need to bring it into udk and the pillar has more than 4 textures and when i add it into the scene i'm able walk into it . is there any guide on how to?

Comment

The easiest way is unchecking all the simple collision options.

Comment

Originally posted by Graylord View Post
              The easiest way is unchecking all the simple collision options.
              Actually the easiest way is to generate collision in the engine using the collision generation tools in the SM browser. You should never un-check the simple collision options unless you are 100% sure that you want the mesh to use Per-Poly collision.

Comment

Model & Texture Problem

I have a problem when I bring my meshes into UDK. When I go to add the textures to the mesh it wont let me. I have to use materials instead of textures, so I'm alittle confused. How I would I fix this problem?, if this cant be fixed then How do make materials?

Comment

You always have to use materials.

To make a material you simply right click in the content browser and click the New material option.

Comment

Working...
                  X