• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    lol its 2014 already!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by holwerdacompany View Post
    I don't understan why it is 2014, and...
    ... you're a year ahead of everyone else, so none of this has happened yet.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by holwerdacompany View Post
    What I do not understand is, psk export requires one mesh, but doesn't udk require seperate meshes?
    no, udk can use a single mesh or separate meshes, It's your choice.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't understan why it is 2014, and I am still searching all the forums to simply import a character. What a way to throw off somenone's courage to tack all the rest of making a game.

What I do not understand is, psk export requires one mesh, but doesn't udk require seperate meshes?

Also, can someone please explain how to reset the vertices in detail, ugh, this whole thing is so annoying, I am getting 5-6 versions of how to do the same thing. Come on Blender, UDK make this work properly so we do not all have to kiss each other's *** to just import a character.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey guy thanks for all your help finally got it all to work

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Select the mesh. Editing panel. Look for vertex groups. bottom left panel. that is the bones. assign the weight from 0 to 1.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok so I have the bones set up now. One Root and from the root there are two others. The only thing I do not understand is how do you reassign specific vertices to the bones. so when you animate the object with the bone you can still have the rotation for the entire weapon and the the slide of the action on top.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    edx76:
    This is just exporter, every other steps you need to do in Blender.

Aeos63:
    1. photo on the left - after join all meshes you need reasign verticles...
    2. Intead of two separate bons is betther that you make one 'Root' and from 'Root' two others (this is Unreal way). If you animating only one bone, in this case you need only two bones - 'Root' and other one (like said darknet).
    3. Be sure that all verticles are asigned to the bons.

If still you can't resolve this problem, make upload with .psk and .blend.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You need two bones in the armature object. It will crash if there just one bone in psk file.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have tried to join all as one mesh then export. There are two bones one for the action and one for the overall rotation i was just trying to get a simple firing animation. Even when I join the meshes into one object and use the new exporter with blender 2.56 it will export but upon import to udk it still crashes. I tried this method with a shotgun I have and It works when I import the skeletal mesh into udk however when I apply the .psa animation it is warped

left is the animation right is the skeletal mesh. Another minor problem seems to be the position of the shogun on import. Maybe that is part of the problem too?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the link, I'll try this exporter.
    To be clear: with this exporter you can unwrap and apply materials and textures to different meshes, join them in one single mesh, parent this mesh to an armature and export the whole thing as .psk. And when you import your .psk in UDK, you can apply your multiples materials to your mesh.
    Is that right?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If I try to export it all it says too many meshes selected and too many armatures selected.
    That happen because you try to export multiple mesh in to single .psk - you can't to this. Select all meshes by 'Selsct/Select All by Type/Mesh' then in 'Object' select 'join' - now you have one mesh with multiple materials and you can export with modified exporter to .psk.

But if you have more than one armature you need to parenting them (all armature - one mesh).

Modified exporter you can find here.

Ps: this exporter is to Blender v2.56.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Blender .psk exporter can't export mesh with multiple materials or mesh groups (even 2.56). To do that you need modified version.
    Modified version of Blender or the exporter?
    Do you have links for this?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Differences between Blender and UE is that when you have one bone, in blender you can see head and tail, but in UE just head. Here problem is .psk exporter. Try export as .3ds, then load in to another editor i.e. Milkshape (has the best .psk exporter i ever seen) and export to .psk.

Ps: if you like Blender, then change to 2.56 version.

Update:
    I forget to say... Blender .psk exporter can't export mesh with multiple materials or mesh groups (even 2.56). To do that you need modified version.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I see there one bone. You need at least two bones else it will crash the unreal editor. Merge your mesh into one object. Then try to re-import the model. It might have screw up the weights of the bones. The bone should have one main parent.

Here one of my video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps0nXS8ib8Q

Leave a comment:

Working...
X