Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

collision mesh problem / corrupt

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    collision mesh problem / corrupt

    Hi guys,

    I have been attempting to get a static mesh into UDK with some success but also a collision problem.
    I have my model and collision mesh in max, export to ASE and then import to UDK. The main visible mesh imports fine and materials are all mapped correctly but the collision mesh appears to be very confused..

    It seems to have the correct collision mesh but then also a big mess of poly's around it. I have no idea where they are coming from or whats up. I have tried resetting xform in max, cloning the coll mesh element to a new one etc but every time it imports with this issue.

    what's also interesting is that if I just use the collision mesh as the main visible mesh (just to test the problem) then it imports just fine.. the collmesh appears without any issue.

    Heres a couple of pics.





    Any thoughs appreciated.

    #2
    You might have open edges or disconnected vertices. Worst case scenario, just rebuild the collision primitives. You cannot use the house model and just copy it to the collision mesh because of the cutouts you have and probably open edges. A collision mesh must be perfectly closed to function without that kind of weird stretching. With a model that low poly you can probably get away with perpoly collision. Just uncheck those last 3 boxes in the staticmesh editor.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Hitpawz View Post
      With a model that low poly you can probably get away with perpoly collision. Just uncheck those last 3 boxes in the staticmesh editor.
      I clicked a lot of stuff in there before and somehow didnt try this... which is actually a perfect solution! thanks.

      The collision mesh I used is a dedicated low poly mesh and not a clone of the main building but that said, the main visible mesh is low enough and seems to work perfectly in game so tha suggestion is a much easier result, thanks.

      Comment

      Working...
      X