Pivot when exporting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pivot when exporting

Im working on some cave system in 3ds-max but when i export to UDK my pivot is not centeded and sometimes its way from objectd. But in 3DS-max pivot is in center of the object. Its realy anoying, any solutions for this

Check your pivot in Max. It has to be in world center (0,0,0) for export.

Comment

Yes. 0,0,0 in Max will be your pivot in UDK.

Comment

Well whole object ( and pivot ) need to be on 0,0,0 in 3DS-max, when exporting thnx for the tip guys

Comment

Originally posted by RaPtOr_v9600 View Post
          ( and pivot )
          Nah, the pivot of your object in max will be completely ignored, only the position of the object related to 0,0,0 will be noted.

Edit: But of course, I guess you'd commonly want the pivot of your object to be the same in both max and udk anyway, so nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by Graylord View Post
            Nah, the pivot of your object in max will be completely ignored, only the position of the object related to 0,0,0 will be noted.

Edit: But of course, I guess you'd commonly want the pivot of your object to be the same in both max and udk anyway, so nevermind.
            Well in any case problem solved

Comment

Get Keens Batch exporter, it automatically moves max object to 0,0,0 (ie. max object pivot is transferred to udk), and can export multiple objects. No more manually exporting.

Comment

That script worked well ty for info

Comment

Working...
                X