Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cinema 4D Support

Hey Unreal Community,

My question is: How good is the Export of Mesh, UV, Skelett and Animation?

I know there is a *.ase Exporter (I also coded a working one for R12 ). But how good is the *.fbx Export from Cinema 4D? Get the Joints-Animation full support? If not, maybe I write a *.pka, *.psa exporter.

Please say me what you know.

Best regards,

Toni

*up with this thread*

Comment

Bring
      Up
      My
      Comment

I would really like to know as well. Cinema4D is a much cheaper option to Max and Maya and I don't want to get into Blender after all of the things I've heard about the interface. I guess a lot of people don't use C4D.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph Ferano View Post
          I would really like to know as well. Cinema4D is a much cheaper option to Max and Maya and I don't want to get into Blender after all of the things I've heard about the interface. I guess a lot of people don't use C4D.
          I use both C4D and Blender. Blender is a really fast growing package, and it's improving constantly (especially the "for-games" import/export capabilities). The interface of Blender 2.5 is imho much more pleasant and logical than in, say, 3ds Max...

As for the mesh import, i have no problems with the static meshes so far. I export from both C4D and Blender, time after time.

Comment

Working...
          X