Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about animating in maya 2011 and a few other questions

Ok, so i am making my first vehicle in Maya 2011

Have the vehicle ready to be animated but I would like some advice on how to animate for the UDK.

Should i Add bones to the Vehicle then Animate or should I Just animate the Vehicle like i would a scene in Maya?

Next is what axis should the vehicle be facing when I apply the bones for the weapons?

Third Question is about textures, Should I Apply a light map to the Vehicle to make the textures "pop out" or should I just apply the detail manually? (The Vehicle is going to be controlled from a 3d person perspective).

Thank you for your time

I use the examples set forth by epic. I would add the bones first then work on doors and things. I am pretty sure that the code takes care of the wheels spinning and what not.

if i am not mistaken it should face the x axis but I haven't really gotten the vehicle to work yet sadly enough. i got all the bones fixed properly but its the code that killed me. as well as setting up the vehicle controller in the editor. but as far as bones go yes animate them all but the tires as i think that all of that is handled by the engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Orindoomhammer View Post
      I use the examples set forth by epic. I would add the bones first then work on doors and things. I am pretty sure that the code takes care of the wheels spinning and what not.

if i am not mistaken it should face the x axis but I haven't really gotten the vehicle to work yet sadly enough. i got all the bones fixed properly but its the code that killed me. as well as setting up the vehicle controller in the editor. but as far as bones go yes animate them all but the tires as i think that all of that is handled by the engine.
      Thank you so much

I am just making a simple vehicle a Classic Saucer like UFO.

Just did not know where to proceed, Thank you so much.

Can you give me a link to some of the examples?

Comment

Working...
      X