Did i miss something?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did i miss something?

Ok I am using the newest version of udk and its a pain in the butt. When did they remove the static mesh exporter for actor x? Why doesn't anything I export with multiple materials have multiple materials in the editor? this is stuff I was doing fine with even just the last release.

This is really annoying. Does anyone know whats going on with the multiple material thing? I was reading that someone else was having problems with his skeletal meshes I however am having this problem with my static meshes, if anyone can help out id be greatfull.
    by the way im using fbx to import to udk as for some reason actor x doesn't seem to export statics anymore.

it might help if you state which 3d app your using, example in 3ds max you export a static mesh as an ASE file where you don#t use actorx at all

Comment

3dsMax ActorX never had a static mesh exporter, as geodav mentioned. Maya ActorX still has the static mesh exporter (axmesh) as I just checked. Beyond that, you really will have to be a little more specific as to what software and version you are using. Nothing has changed that I can tell. Workflows are still the same.

Comment

yah I was using maya. But I figured out what was going wrong. it was toggled for python script instead of mel. I feel embarrassed. but im still having problems with the multi material meshes in the latest build. I have reverted back to the previous build.

Comment

Working...
        X