Maya UV Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maya UV Help

Ok so on my models in Maya i do my UV maping and all and get the materials where i want them, then in the UV editor screen i click Image and Create PSD network, cause i am exporting my textures into Photoshop then to UDK. But once i get them into udk, you can see the UV lines all over the mesh i created, any tips on how to fix this? or is it something im doing wrong or what?

Can you post an image example?

Comment

UDK will flatten the PSD as it imports.. so if your layer for UV's is visible in photoshop you will get exactly what you're talking about.

Comment

Is there a way for me to hide the UV in Maya so when i export the PSD the UV wont show up in photo shop but technically will still be there?

Comment

no.. use photoshop

Comment

Thanks jamiet, i didnt realize i could get rid of the UV lines i thought it would mess the whole thing up, but it didnt thank you.

Comment

In Photoshop add a new layer (name it if you want).

Place the layer under the uv lines layer.

You can now use the lines as a guide for the texture.

Once your ready to save it for use just click the eye icon by the uv layer to turn it off.

Save the file and the lines will not be there.

Comment

Thanks dude.

Comment

Just bake ur materials to the model ,export that baked material .That will work without photoshop.

Comment

agree with dave42UK and jamiet

in Photoshop, when you create the second layer, you can also set the UVMap layer to 'screen' so that you can see it through your texture layer.

Check out this tutorial here from the training pro's 3dMotive:
                    http://www.3dmotive.com/product-uvw-unwrapping

yes, it's for 3ds Max but it's very short and what dave42UK describes, the Photoshop part, is done very clearly.

Comment

If your going to use phtotoshop your building your textures in there mostlikey anyway so just turn the uv wire layer off before you export it

Comment

Originally posted by Fusedgore View Post
                        Just bake ur materials to the model ,export that baked material .That will work without photoshop.
                        Your right, of course.

Though if he would like to modify or add more to the materials/textures, Photoshop is certainly one option.

Comment

Working...
                        X