Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Export 3Ds max mesh with textures

Hi,

is it possible to export object create with 3DS max with a texture to use it in UDK ??? I try lot of format but no one works.

Thanks

Have a look at this tutorial...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiGmbH8nl_A&hd=1

Covers quite well the basics of importing into UDK from max. Helped me alot. The biggest thing I had to learn and what turned out to be most important is understanding and being able to create UV maps for my objects. From what i understand, UDK heavily relies on UVs for the best results.

Ben

Comment

Thank you for your answer. I'll watch the video.

Comment

The video is very good but there is a point that I need some help.

Are the textures in UDK where the same in 3DS or do you have to import again in UDK ????

Thanks

Comment

I tend to use the same ones. Once I'ce created a UV Template I will create a photoshop master file with every type of map in it. Each one I need, i.e. Diffuse, Spec I will then save out as a PNG for UDK. I think I export a reference Jpeg for use in max to make sure all is mapped fine.

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Devilshark View Post
            The video is very good but there is a point that I need some help.

Are the textures in UDK where the same in 3DS or do you have to import again in UDK ????

Thanks
            In my opinion,I think you do have to import your textures again in UDK,the .ase seems cannot have the texture information itself.

And I also save the textures into .tga as the tutorial did for making the content browser happily.

Comment

Working...
            X