Bump problem that bothers me a lot~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump problem that bothers me a lot~

As I gave the textures to my model in UDK,I found my normal map is too soft.Then I couldn't find a way to make it bump heavier...it isn't like in 3DMAX,you can change the number into whatever you want.

How to increase the bump amount for the normal map in UDK?

Multiply the map with a Vector 3. Make R=1 G=1 and B=0.5 or whatever. The smaller you make B the heavier the bump will be.

Comment

Originally posted by obihb View Post
      Multiply the map with a Vector 3. Make R=1 G=1 and B=0.5 or whatever. The smaller you make B the heavier the bump will be.
      Thanks!
      The model seems become dark after it~

Comment

Can you show a screenshot of both your material nodes and material result?.

The shading will change because you're change the normals but not sure if the "becoming dark" is part of that or not without actually seeing your results.

Comment

Originally posted by obihb View Post
          Can you show a screenshot of both your material nodes and material result?.

The shading will change because you're change the normals but not sure if the "becoming dark" is part of that or not without actually seeing your results.
          Of course~(sorry for the late update,my UDK screwed up making the camera keep falling,so I reinstall it....)
          Here it is...

It's a garbage can around my school...Made the normal map and edited UV just pain me a lot...

If I connect multiply directly,the whole model will become darker...So does the normal map.

I live in china,youtube is banned here,囧|||

I wanna ask another question: Does it possible to show two-sided normal map in UDK.

Comment

Oh ****!!!Photobucket is banned here as well,even I can upload to it but cannot watch my own picture...

Comment

try to modify texture in photoshop or gimp.

Duplicate layer and set blending mode to overlay (in PS. I'm not sure what name have gimp equivalent.).

Comment

Originally posted by Fartuess View Post
                try to modify texture in photoshop or gimp.

Duplicate layer and set blending mode to overlay (in PS. I'm not sure what name have gimp equivalent.).
                Thanks!~I'll try it~

Comment

Gimp as an Overlay blend mode, it is universal to many drawing programs (it's a very common algorithm, much with multiply/divide)

You're going to want to turn off the blue channel before overlaying it, and run a normalize filter on it. The nVidia normal map tool is your friend (or xNormal's PS plugin.)

http://cgtextures.com/content.php?ac...name=normalmap

Comment

Originally posted by zalost View Post
                    Gimp as an Overlay blend mode, it is universal to many drawing programs (it's a very common algorithm, much with multiply/divide)

You're going to want to turn off the blue channel before overlaying it, and run a normalize filter on it. The nVidia normal map tool is your friend (or xNormal's PS plugin.)

http://cgtextures.com/content.php?ac...name=normalmap
                    Thanks for your useful tutorial,I did as it writes and it looks nice~

Comment

Working...
                    X