import model placement question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

import model placement question

So, Im making a basic level to import into UDK with a floor and buildings and Im having trouble with placement of these parts into UDK. I go to the content browser and click and drag the model into the perspective view port and it places the model randomly where I let go. I want to be able to have it place the models of the buildings and other pieces in relation to where they are in Maya. I usually start with the floor and then put the buildings in, but I have to move the buildings in place based on where they are in Maya. Is there a way to have it automatically drop in the right place? Ive been exporting in FBX format, if that matters.

It sounds like that your pivot-point is placed incorrect. Try to align them on a vert on a corner or align the pivot to the center of your model.

Comment

alright, thanks, ill try that. another question:

whats the best way to eliminate backface culling on certain polygons? can i tell UDK to make certain polygons display on both sides? or do i have to deal with that in maya somehow?

Comment

I'm not sure about the backface culling (or why a person would want to eliminate it... I'm genuinely curious), but to have two-sided materials, in the materials editor, in materials properties, just tick the "Force Two-Sided" box. I hope this helps

Comment

Working...
        X