Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strange Lighting settings for Skeletal Mesh...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please let me know if you solved this problem. I have a door frame that is glowing just like your car. i have tried everything to fix it but nothing works. I have a dealine in 1 day. Please help
    nichola x

Comment

Originally posted by nickicage View Post
      Please let me know if you solved this problem. I have a door frame that is glowing just like your car. i have tried everything to fix it but nothing works. I have a dealine in 1 day. Please help
      nichola x
      We actually found out that the XSI Export Plug-in screwed/deleted the UVs of the whole model; and that's why it was plain white. The glow probably comes from the tonemapper... so be sure to look up your UV sets after importing your models.

//e: PM is always cooler than digging up an old dead thread

Comment

I have seen this when I create a normal map that was a PNG format and there were transparent area in the image. As in... when opened in photoshop there are deleted areas in the image that look like a grid to show transparency. Then when I saved it as PNG it retained these transparent areas. In UDK, it would create this glow effect around any area that was transparent. So I fix it by putting some color in those areas.
        I bet your image is a PNG with the windows cut out (deleted) and then saved to retain transparency... Try making the windows black instead of transparent.

Comment

Working...
        X