Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with custom enemy

Well so our modeler send me our first enemy model

but i got one small problem since the enemy its very small like a normal dog size i dont know how to make the proper rig and add the proper bones to make it useable in udk

i alredy know how to setup Bones in weapons but not in caracters so i need help here

and i cant use the epic games utmale rig becouse my Enemy model its very small

U'd need to animate it yourself

Comment

thats not the problem i cant export it as skeletal mesh becouse it say i need to set up the bones first

Comment

Well if I understand U correctly, you have a mesh thats smaller than the UT3 defgault rig...THen U have a couple of options:

(1) Reduce the size of the rig and skin the character to it...In this case u'd definitely need to animate it yourself

(2) Create your own rig...and animate...If you're planning on using the UT3 default animtree, make sure that your animsequences have the same names.

(3) If it's a maya file send it to me and I will rig it for U

Comment

ok let me explain everytime my model with actor X it say no valid skin triangles digested i googled about the error and its becouse i havent setup the Caracter bones but thats on where is my problem how my caracter is pretty small i dont know how i will setup the bones

Comment

Originally posted by alvarofer0020 View Post
            thats not the problem i cant export it as skeletal mesh becouse it say i need to set up the bones first
            So... set up the bones? Honestly, I'm not sure what your problem here is. That's how Skeletal Meshes work. You make the mesh (most likely a character), add bones to it and possibly bone controllers, and then move the bones around to animate it. It sounds like your issue is that your character isn't human-shaped... but still, I don't see how that's a problem. Just add the bones the same way you would add them to a human, except making changes to accommodate your character (yes, it's spelled "character", BTW). For example, a dog wouldn't need lip bones or multiple spine parts, but it'd need some ear bones and a nice big tailbone.

Comment

thanks for the info but the problem is that I have never add bones to a caracter so im stuck on this part

Comment

So, you can't just add bones to the character the same way you would do to a weapon? I think your problem is that you've never done it before, and you want a tutorial to show you how it should look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMtc_RCgdbo

Comment

the problem is i just need help setting up the bones not the rig and no i cant add bones to the caracter just like a weapon becouse the use diferent locations and diferent names

Comment

You need help setting up the bones, but not the rig? Just out of curiosity, tell me what a rig is...

Also, why don't you try putting the bones in different locations and giving them different names?

Comment

the rig is for animatons the bone is for the main caracter sockets and becouse if i give diferent names it will not work when i export the model becouse actor x give a error related to the bones

Comment

A rig is used to control the bones. The two are not the same, but they are not completely exclusive either. Also, you don't need to create bones specifically for sockets.

How about you take a picture of your work and show it to me?

Comment

http://yfrog.com/mwlarvaimagej

here is the picture i need heelp!

Comment

nevermind i fixed it

Comment

Working...
                            X