Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    thanks a lot for your knowledge!

i ended up using a lerp with 2 textures now its working exactly the way i want

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Both of those answers were almost correct.
    It's a lot easier if you use 2 texture files. One for the rotating part and one for the not rotating part. Make sure any part of the textures that will not be used (Space used by the second texture) is black. Then just make one rotate and add them together in the mat. Using one texture is possible, but you'd need a mask and use it twice. Make a mask that'll crop the spinning part. Multiply the mask and the spinning part. Then go back to your mask. Add a X-1 node and connect it to the mask. It'll invert the mask so that you can then multiply your texture with the inverted mask to get everything except for the rotating part... Then add them together.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You can do it, make black/white mask with white where you want rotating part.

Then in material editor multiply that mask with your rotating texture, You get only white area rotated.

Next step: add rotating and static parts of map.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You can't. Not as long as it's one texture. You need to make the fan separate texture and use Lerp to layer the textures. Then rotate the fan texture and its alpha.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Rotating Textures in material editor??

Rotating Textures in material editor??

Hey guys i'm trying to make this prop for my level that is going to require a fan within this air conditioner i've made. Question is how would i go about using the rotator in the material editor to just rotate a certain part of my texture without it rotating the entire texture.

Or am i going about this the wrong way?
Working...
X