question about pistol silencer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Back in the day the you would change. You would start by tossing in a impostor, play the dismantling/mantling animation. Then leave the player with the "silenced" "unslienced" weapon. The code being attached to the weapon and all the rest.

Now you can use OOP to "inject" code so to say, and go nuts with sockets and classes and shared properties.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Definitely sockets... just add one right on the tip of the pistol, and maybe one for the hand too if you plan to have an animation for putting on/off the silencer.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic question about pistol silencer

question about pistol silencer

hi, i am working on (actually finished) my pistol model/animations and now i wonder how attachable thing like silencer should be handled,
    right now i have silencer and pistol in one skeletalmesh, and i am not sure if its good solution, because its turns out i would need to have 2 versions of one animation one with and one without silencer attached,
    or should i use bone controller and fix silencer in script ?
    or keep silencer as separate mesh and attach it using sockets ??

side question: when i am doing animations in 3ds max and set key on frame 0 and key on frame 20, with 'auto key' option selected so there is interpolation between locations of animated mesh, at the end it works the same way as if i would place key every frame from 0-20, there is no such ting as optimization etc. in doing only 2 keys right ?
Working...
X