Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I import models from 3ds max into Unreal Editor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I import models from 3ds max into Unreal Editor?

Here are my questions, I am making a weapon pack but only got one weapon done. This is for UT3 not UDK!

1. Do I need a 1P model and a 3P model?

2. How do I make the LOD for the weapon model?

3. How do I make the collision for my weapons?

4. How do I import the model property into unreal editor with the animation & collision?

5. My weapon have a missile but hidden inside, do I need to make a static mesh of that missile for the projectile and make it in the particle editor?

6. How do I make my own first person view animations and how do I make my first person bones/skeleton?

I can answer # 5...U do need to make a static mesh and use it in the particle system...then crete a projectile uc file

Comment

Originally posted by Kelt'ar View Post
      I can answer # 5...U do need to make a static mesh and use it in the particle system...then crete a projectile uc file
      Um. How do I import that specific model into the editor? Do I select the object and export it as a .fbx file? Will I need a collision for it? How do I put it in the projectile editor?

Comment

really you should be asking on the UT3 forums but
        1. yes
        2.don't need
        3.no
        4.watch my video's
        5.been answered but export as an "ase" file watch videos on casade or look at/copy the rocketlauncher effect
        6.watch my video's

Comment

Originally posted by geodav View Post
          really you should be asking on the UT3 forums but
          1. yes
          2.don't need
          3.no
          4.watch my video's
          5.been answered but export as an "ase" file watch videos on casade or look at/copy the rocketlauncher effect
          6.watch my video's
          Ok. Thank you so much. Many people have confusing me on how to make weapons and saying that I am doing it all wrong. So you now have made a video on first person view for weapons? I will try to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivion2500 View Post
            Ok. Thank you so much. Many people have confusing me on how to make weapons and saying that I am doing it all wrong. So you now have made a video on first person view for weapons? I will try to find it.
            Do I need collision for my static mesh (missile)?
            EDIT:
            NEVER MIND! I can't find the first person view stuff videos in geodav site.

Comment

This tutorial can help you with importing objects to unreal and making a collision model. This tutorial was intended to create entire highpoly to lowpoly models using 3dsmax and photoshop.
              http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...y_kasigawa.pdf

Comment

Working...
              X