Modeling Programs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    As far as I know ActorX is used to export to .ase. There are export scripts for Blender, too.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hmm.. But When you export, As I know the ActorX plugin only supports Max, Maya and XSI.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    get mosqulie (i think) and blender

Originally posted by Analdin View Post
    There's Blender, many see it as the most advanced free 3d Tool. For Zbrush-like tasks, there's Sculptris.
    geting the 2 programs mosqulie for simple meshes and blender to detail the model

Leave a comment:

• replied
    http://www.nevercenter.com/silo/buy_now/

this is a very cheap, powerful and easy to use tool that supports a variety of formats. good intro to more advanced apps.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well it seems you can still use gmax but you have to bring them into 3ds max to get the right export file.I dont have the link on me its on my usb card.But you use a script and a toolset that allows you to export your files into 3ds max and then your all good.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Another option is Truespace
    http://www.caligari.com

Leave a comment:

• replied
    modo is nice modeling tool and not expensive ( less than may) It contains sculpting and texturing features. Also you can bake anykind of light and ambient occulsion on your character. It's only for modeling though. But a good modeling tool

http://www.luxology.com/store/video/...01_Sample.html

http://www.luxology.com/store/video/...02_Sample.html

those two video are a good example of what modo can do.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's not for commercial use from what I can tell. They only talk about the possibility of upgrading to commercial license from the educational version or to use the educational versions in commercial companies for educational learning.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Oblivion2500 View Post
    If you are a student, you can buy autodesk edu suite for $350 in student sites which contains 3ds max, maya, motionbuilder, mudbox, and XSI ModTool. ALL full edition and commercial use, i say that worth the price. (They sell 2010 and 2011).
    Really ?! For Commercial use ? I thought it was just for personal use...

If that´s right I might look into this as this would make everything much easier for me if i had such a great variety of proffesional tools.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I couldn't see any option to save in the pixelogic version. I think it's just to test, they will probably implement its features in a future zbrush

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Builder_Anthony View Post
    Ya i thought 3ds max looked like g max.350 is a little expensive on my budget right now.I guess ill get into blender.It does look a ittle goofy the way its layed out and it seems to rely on buttons heavily.I wish they made a paper cutout for learning all there buttons for laying on top of the keyboard.I seen some 3ds max on ebay.Is there any way they can screw up there cd key or anything like that from preventing me from useing it?I think it might be worth it it i get it off ebay for like 50 bucks theres a ton on there.Otherwise i guess its blender.
    The way Autodesk makes the licenses work it's very hard to sell a license for 3ds Max to someone else--if you see anyone selling 3ds Max for anything below a few thousand dollars--it's a scam. No one would sell a $3,500 program for much cheaper. But again, the way to transfer licenses is not easy.

Gmax is based off a very old version of 3ds Max, it's pretty much useless to use just because it's so old. Plus I don't think there's any rendering capability.

You can also download most Autodesk programs (including 3ds Max, Maya, Softimage, and Mudbox) for free if you are a student--go to students.autodesk.com and register, and they've got free 13-month educational licenses that you can download. No need to pay $350 for the same software. And it's most likely going to continue with new releases so you could essentially use 3ds Max as long you are a student since the next version will come out before 13 months is over.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ya i thought 3ds max looked like g max.350 is a little expensive on my budget right now.I guess ill get into blender.It does look a ittle goofy the way its layed out and it seems to rely on buttons heavily.I wish they made a paper cutout for learning all there buttons for laying on top of the keyboard.I seen some 3ds max on ebay.Is there any way they can screw up there cd key or anything like that from preventing me from useing it?I think it might be worth it it i get it off ebay for like 50 bucks theres a ton on there.Otherwise i guess its blender.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There Blender which is free but does not support file types very well. You can download XSI Mod Tool from the Autodesk site for free (non-commercial use) and it has actorx support. If you are a student, you can buy autodesk edu suite for $350 in student sites which contains 3ds max, maya, motionbuilder, mudbox, and XSI ModTool. ALL full edition and commercial use, i say that worth the price. (They sell 2010 and 2011).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    if i rememember correctly Gmax is essentially 3ds max with some of the fancy plugins missing... and it has a darker shade of gray in its toolbars...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I know, but it's still free, it's been renamed to Alpha 5 again, but it's free

/edit: ZBrush also hired the creator of Sculptris...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X