Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maya Rigging Question

Hello all,

I have a custom character that I want to import for testing into the UDK but I want to use the UT3 Rig I got from Denny's site. My question is can I move the bones to the shape of the T pose without messing up the functionality of the rig? Or should I remodel my characters arms around the rig since it's posed with the arms down?

Here is an image to make the question more clear.

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/5...outrigging.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Adjust the model not the rig

Comment

Ok thanks.

Comment

Like JoNLA said it's best to adjust the model. You can adjust the skeleton, if you only rotate the joints the animations should be fine in the engine but the Physical Asset might not work as it should. If you translate joints you're most likely to have a stretched character when the original animation is applied, unless translation for said bones has been excluded in Unreal.

I'm just saying that you can change the joints, don't mess with the joints unless you know what you're doing and know of the consequences.

Comment

Thanks Denny

Hey Denny, thanks for the insight.

Comment

1. I would like to use the preset animations in the UDK, but want to also add my own. I saw that the rig has some preset animations on it. Can these be removed without doing damage?

2. Also, the character will have a something like a jet pack so would I need to add additional bones to the rig for that or can I just assign it to one of the auxiliary bones that I won't be using like the shoulder pads?

Comment

When you export you choose to export the character(psk) or animations (psa). The animation on the rig is so you can see how the mesh is deforming and you probably don't want to export it. Once you character is in game and deforming well then delete the animation keys and create new animations.

Comment

May also want to take a look at this to? If this will help you.

http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/AnimBro...g%20%28.PSK%29

Comment

Hey thanks for this. This will actually help alot.

Comment

Working...
                  X