Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Heist View Post
    Hey Robert, you may want to take a look at this if it will help you?

http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/AnimBro...g%20%28.PSK%29
    Thanks, but I already have done all of that.

Originally posted by Denny View Post
    You're saying that it looks and animates correct in the AnimSet but not in-game? Sounds like an issue with attachment/script rather than anything else.
    I will look into it and reply back again.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Robert_F View Post
    Well im not really sure what the problem is. I have no idea why it won't show up. In Max everything works perfectly. I export it using Actor X, import it... It looks fine in the AnimSet Editor. Go to test the game and it doesn't show up. Then place the Mesh I made with 3 bones in the same spot and it shows up perfectly.
    You're saying that it looks and animates correct in the AnimSet but not in-game? Sounds like an issue with attachment/script rather than anything else.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey Robert, you may want to take a look at this if it will help you?

http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/AnimBro...g%20%28.PSK%29

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well im not really sure what the problem is. I have no idea why it won't show up. In Max everything works perfectly. I export it using Actor X, import it... It looks fine in the AnimSet Editor. Go to test the game and it doesn't show up. Then place the Mesh I made with 3 bones in the same spot and it shows up perfectly.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You should be able to create any structure you want for the weapon. I managed to create my own shotgun a long time back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWLD44Y3cZU

It was made in Maya but you should be able to recreate the same thing in Max. You shouldn't need any specific three bones. I think this is a completely different issue, maybe you have done something wrong with weights / envelops?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i only have 2 bones called b_gun_root and b_gun_lefthand and the weapon class is extended from the rocket launcher
    ive had one weapon working with just 1 bone
    these bones are named in the weapon script i think
    i dont have any animations yet so i cant help with that

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You should be able to save out the animation tracks and reimport them back onto different bones/objects.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah, but if I delete the bones, then im going to have to re-animate it. Which is something I don't really want to do because its like 1000 frames.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nope, I have yet to make a weapon but it should be easy enough to make a copy of your 3D file and delete the unwanted bones and export another version to test if it still works.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nobody knows?

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Rigging and Skinning Help

Rigging and Skinning Help

Hi, im fairly new to UDK, but old enough to import custom weapons

I am having trouble doing it though. I have a model thats already done (Rigged, Animated, Skinned etc..)

Well, this isn't my first time putting a weapon into UDK. The first time I followed this tutorial:

HTML Code:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbB9CBFzk4U
    In that tutorial, he tells you to put the 3 bones right in a row. Bone 001, Bone 002, Bone 003. When I followed that tutorial, it worked.. But when I try to import my model thats animated and already rigged with bones... it doesn't work. For some reason you can't see my model.. I checked to see if it was just offset but it wasn't. I set it in the same place as my model that was for the tutorial.

So, what I'm really asking is do those Three Bones have to be there in order for it to work in UDK?
Working...
X