Blender .ase Export Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blender .ase Export Error

I need a .ase script that works with blender for static meshes. The one i tried to use when i import into udk it says did you forget to add textures and geomertry. So in the end result it looks weird and is basically an unusable model. If you have a script i can use please tell me

Thanks in Advance

You need to setup the materials. Then you have to assign the texture to the images directory.

Comment

How exactly do you do what you are saying and I can't find that export script from the link you had.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcRzxKg-cGM

Here the video on how to get it setup.

Comment

use the goofas script, it works best with 2.49b to my knowledge. Just uvunwrap the model and texture externally, the ase and UDK will recognise the uv mapping. You'll have more control over the management of your material that way. that's how i go about it at least.

When you export the ase, disable the materials option, otherwise i think UDK will set up your material for you. Its not a big problem, just extra steps to undo. For best results, test how the model renders in UDK itself while texturing. Ultimately that's where its going to be displayed.

Comment

Working...
          X