Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

My first base mesh (help)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MegaDeth81 View Post
    It's definitely better than what you started with. If all you're going to do is model clothes on him then yeah it's probably good enough to start that. Are you planning on doing a cloth simulation over this model or are you going use z-brush to morph clothes over this body? What's your "endgame"?
    i dont know the z-brush morph clothes yet i am beginner maybe i'll search for it
    but i use simple mesh from 3ds max and cover the base mesh

Originally posted by DannRees View Post
    The topology of the mesh should also be a consideration as it will not deform properly when animated. What's the low poly wire look like?
    do you mean the base mesh or clothes
    i'll make a pic of it on 3ds max

thanks all for ur efforts and helping

Comment

There's no command for morph clothes. I meant are you going to use z-brush to model clothes from this mesh.

Comment

There's no command for morph clothes. I meant are you going to use z-brush to model clothes from this mesh.
        ah yes here is the pics with what i made now

and this is low poly wireframe

Comment

Your base mesh looks high on polys. Check out this tutorial, you'll be able to see how he laid out his polys compared to your model. You're both in the 6000 range but he was able to apply more to the face and I think that his poly count includes the weapon.

http://www.paultosca.com/makingofvarga.html

For game characters you want to try to achieve your detail in texturing and normal maps, so all the extra polygons you have throughout your low-poly mesh could be cleaned up a lot. Also, on your low-poly mesh you want to focus on the silhouette and do your detail in the high-poly mesh.

Does that make sense?

Comment

Here's another example of a simple poly mesh layout. Just to give you an idea on how you can clean up your mesh. It's the default man from Mudbox.

This mesh is only 2068 polygons, btw.

Comment

Here's another example of a simple poly mesh layout. Just to give you an idea on how you can clean up your mesh. It's the default man from Mudbox.

This mesh is only 2068 polygons, btw.
              nice really , btw mine is not at lowest subdivision level it's level 3 (the low poly wire)

i know it's not good because when i imported the obj i didnt know it was set to triangles not polygons , so it screw it up
              now i am more carefull
              ty

Comment

I really don't want to dishearten you but you will probablly find you will need to recreate the mesh. Poly count aside the problem youre going to have is with animation. The mesh will not deform as expected if you don't have loops in the right areas.
                Check out the last character I made, it's by no means the perfect way of doing things and it's more medium poly as it's for a cutscene but you get the idea.

http://acidtsunami.deviantart.com/ar...lete-151869266

Even that has changed since I uploaded that image, more loops were added to the elbow joint and a couple of other areas. You need to think "Is this bit gonna bend?" if so you need loops there. Generally you need at least 3 loops in an area for it to bend properly.

Comment

Originally posted by DannRees View Post
                  I really don't want to dishearten you but you will probablly find you will need to recreate the mesh. Poly count aside the problem youre going to have is with animation. The mesh will not deform as expected if you don't have loops in the right areas.
                  Check out the last character I made, it's by no means the perfect way of doing things and it's more medium poly as it's for a cutscene but you get the idea.

http://acidtsunami.deviantart.com/ar...lete-151869266

Even that has changed since I uploaded that image, more loops were added to the elbow joint and a couple of other areas. You need to think "Is this bit gonna bend?" if so you need loops there. Generally you need at least 3 loops in an area for it to bend properly.
                  thank you for all ur help and efforts with me dann , btw ur character is really awesome you are very talented .

about recreating the mesh i dont know really maybe i will remake with max the areas that will be showen from the mesh and take the normal maps & spect from the high poly one (which is only the hands atm)

thanks for everything everyone
                  i may post the char after i finish it

Comment

just wanted to ask is best way to import from max to zbrush quads or Polygons ?

Comment

Qauds are Polygons

Comment

Originally posted by JohNLA View Post
                        Qauds are Polygons
                        in 3ds max when i import to .obj it says you want to to be triangles or polygons or quads

there is 3 options and now i am using quads they really perform very well

just that is what i am asking.

thanks john

Comment

Huh, never noticed that option but qauds is always a good idea.
                          I understand comparing quads and triangles but I thought polygon was a generic term for either.

Comment

a polygon can have more than 4 sides, so stick to quads as they work alot better when you sub-divide the mesh

Comment

Working...
                            X