Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Making Custom Gun Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making Custom Gun Help

I've followed this tutorial:
    http://code.google.com/p/steam-punk-...PSK_PSA_format
    and GeoDav's UDK Weapon video tutorial, http://sites.google.com/site/ut40kmo.../udk-tutorials

When I go into cmd any cd into UDK-2010-03/Binaries and use UDK Make it pops me an error.

I got an idea to simply add a .uc file named *, however 2 things prevent this:
    1. You cannot use a * in a filename
    2. The error shows C:\UDK\UDK-2010-03\Binaries\Win32\... there is no Src, CustomGun, or Classes folder in there.
    I'm guessing the reason for that is it's looking for those folders within the UDK MS-DOS app which is in Win32.

After I close the prompt if I start UDK Editor it will say "Scripts Outdated, Rebuild now?" If I press:
    Yes - The same prompt as UDK Make shows up, same error, UDK Ed won't start
    No - UDK Ed starts, nothing changes

Looking at the places that something could go wrong:

Model:
    I have 2, 3P & 1P, it's a G23 made in Blender 2.49b.
    1P: 2 Bones, MuzzleFlash & ROOT.
    3P: 3 Bones, b_gun_root, b_gun_left_hand, MuzzleFlash

Texture/Mat:
    No normals, UV Mapped color textures

In UDK:
    Using ShockRifle ammo
    Everything in: UTGame\Content\Weapons\WP_CustomGun
    There's 3 folders: Anim, Materials, Mesh
    In Anim: WP_Custom_Gun_1P_Anim and it's an AnimSet
    In Materials: Color_Tex (1024^2) .tga file, WP_Custom_Gun_Mat
    In Mesh: SK_WP_Custom_Gun_1P (1304 tris, 2 bones)
    SK_WP_Custom_Gun_3P (1304 tris, 3 bones)

Code:
    Copied the files the tut's called for, followed GeoDav's instructions

Anyone know something I'm doing wrong?

You should have the choice of YourCustomGunName in a weaponpickupfactory. This warning is harmless it happens when your ModEditPackages folder is missing or has no uc files to build.

The warning is from a second package reference in your ini file. the first occurence compiled fine.

C:\UDK\UDK-2010-03\UTGame\Config\UTEngine.ini Can you please post your ini file lines 420 through 450

Comment

Well I went into Config & deleted all of my UT*.ini files, then UDK Made, no warnings/errors this time, and when selecting the WeaponSpawn it shows UTWeap_CustomGun.
      However in-game the gun doesn't show up, the secondary ball blast shows up but the primary does also does not. However the primary does work as shooting the ball blows it up.

This the last lines of UTEngine
      [UnrealEd.ContentTagIndex]
      DefaultTags=(AssetTypeName="Engine.StaticMesh",Tag s=(Arch,Ash,Brick,Blood,Building,Cave,Chair,Charac ter,COG,Column,Concrete,Corner,Couch,Cover,Crate,D ecoration,Destroyed,Dome,Door,Electronic,Exterior, Facade,Fire,Flare,Floor,Foliage,Fracture,Furniture ,Glass,Gore,Hail,HeroPiece,Ice,Ink,Interior,Ladder ,Lever,Light,Liquid,Locust,Mechanical,Metal,Mounta in,Optimization_Done,Optimization_ToDo,Optimizatio n_NotNeeded,Organic,Physics,Pipe,Railing,Riftworm, Road,Rock,Roof,Rubble,Sidewalk,Sign,Sky,Snow,Stair s,Stone,Stranded,Table,Trash,Tree,Trim,Tunnel,Urba n,Vehicle,Volumetric,Wall,Weapon,Wheel,Window,Wood )))
      DefaultTags=(AssetTypeName="Engine.ParticleSystem" ,Tags=(Ash,Beam,Blood,Camera,Dirt,Dust,Electricity ,Explosion,Fire,Fog,Impact,Imulsion,Ink,Liquid,Met al,Mud,MuzzleFlash,Optimization_Done,Optimization_ ToDo,Optimization_NotNeeded,Riftworm,Shell,Smoke,S now,Spark,Stone,Water,Weapon,Wood))
      DefaultTags=(AssetTypeName="Engine.Material",Tags= (Ash,Asphalt,Blood,Brick,Ceiling,Character,COG,Col umn,Concrete,Damaged,Decal,Dirt,Distortion,Door,Du st,Electricity,Explosion,Exterior,Fire,Flare,Floor ,Fog,Foliage,Gases,Glass,Gore,Hail,Ice,Imulsion,In k,Interior,Light,LightFunction,Liquid,Locust,Mecha nical,Metal,MuzzleFlash,Neutral,Optimization_Done, Optimization_ToDo,Optimization_NotNeeded,Organic,R iftworm,Rock,Roof,Sign,Sky,Smoke,Snow,Steam,Stone, Stranded,Tiling,Trash,Tree,Trim,Vehicle,Wall,Water ,Weapon,Wood)))

[ModPackages]
      ModPackagesInPath=..\..\UTGame\Src
      ModOutputDir=..\..\UTGame\Unpublished\CookedPC\Scr ipt

[UTGame.UTActorFactoryTeamStaticMesh]
      MenuPriority=25

[IniVersion]
      0=1267214074.000000
      1=1267213301.000000
      This is counted with ConTEXT + UnrealScript Highlighter
      There's only 367 lines.

Finally, you're wrong the warning is harmful to me, since when I start UDK it will ask to rebuild scripts if there is a warning UDK won't start.
      It seems deleting all the UT*.ini is the only way to get a green.

Comment

Finally F U.

Comment

you put your classes in wrong direcrtory i think it should be development/src/YourGun/Classes/youclass.uc not development/src/utgame/src/yougun/classes/youclass.uc

and change it in defaultengine.ini +EditPackage=YourGun

Comment

The files are in Development/src/CustomGun

Comment

you need to put them into Development/src/CustomGun/classes/youcode.uc

engine searches for classes forlder

Comment

Yeah, that's what I meant.

Comment

make sure your DefaultEngine.ini has these lines
                  Code:
                  [UnrealEd.EditorEngine]
                  EditPackagesOutPath=..\..\UTGame\Script
                  FRScriptOutputPath=..\..\UTGame\ScriptFinalRelease
                  +EditPackages=UDKBase
                  +EditPackages=UTGame
                  +EditPackages=UTEditor
                  +EditPackages=UTGameContent
                  +EditPackages=CustomGun 
                  ;ModEditPackages=MyMod
                  AutoSaveDir=..\..\UTGame\Autosaves
                  InEditorGameURLOptions=?quickstart=1?numplay=1
                  don't use the ;ModEditPackages=MyMod line as it's not needed

if you have this done and are still having problems, then can you post a screenshot of your folder setup

Comment

That's what I have, by that line not being needed do you mean I should delete ;ModEditPackages=MyMod

Comment

Doesn't matter as it is commented out and holds no bearing with the ;

Comment

ok if you still haven't sorted it the put your code+content in to a rar file and upload it somewhere and PM me the link so that i can check it out

Comment

Since I can't get 7-zip to make a .rar I'll make a .zip with LZMA compression.
                          http://www.mediafire.com/?gz42wwnmj2z

Comment

ok after a quick compile i found various typo's ref package name
                            WP_Custom_Gun
                            then once i corrected then i noticed the line
                            AttachmentClass=class'UTGameContent.UTAttachment_C ustomGun'
                            which should read
                            AttachmentClass=class'CustomGun.UTAttachment_Custo mGun'
                            then i got errors ref
                            AnimSets(0)=AnimSet'WP_Custom_Gun.Anims.WP_Custom_ Gun_1P_Anim'
                            which is not in the content package

Comment

I don't understand where I should have "WP_Custom_Gun" and where I should have "WP_CustomGun".
                              For the errors ref what do you mean? Did I make a typo in the classes .uc or is the AnimSet missing in the .upk?

To edit the files I'm using ConTEXT with the UnrealScript highlighter, is there any format things to check like ANSII or Unicode?

Comment

Working...
                              X