Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better blocking light with models

How ?

I have a light inside my model, but, as you can see, I have a lighting (under the red space) who must not be here...

How to block the light ? Inside my model the light meet some face, so, I don't view how to make something betetr to fix this problem...

Does your mesh have "cast shadows" enabled, in the same light channels as the light?

Comment

What do you mean by "light channel" ?
      (Yes my static mesh have cast shadows enabled)

Comment

No other idea ? It's a mesh problem or a level design problem ?

Comment

I'm not sure what I'm looking at in that picture. What is that red boxes supposed to be?

Comment

I made 2 schemas for better explain what I need :

That I want.

That I get.

I try to active dynamic shadow, but I get the same things. I don't understand why...

Comment

What does the UV layout look like on the fireplace and are you using 2 UV channels?

Comment

Yes, I have 2 uv channels for have a lightmap.

I hope it's readable.

Comment

It's not just the sides. The bars in front are not casting shadows either. It seems to me that either the 2nd channel is not being read, the lightmap resolution is too low, or something wrong with your light setting. What does it look like in the static mesh editor window? Does it say it reads 2 uv channels and that it's using channel 1 for light map? And you should have 128 or higher for resolution. Also that the light radius is adjusted properly to cast sharp shadow and what kind of light are you using?

Comment

It's not just the sides. The bars in front are not casting shadows either.
                    It's because they are no faces :

My mesh and light settings :

LIGHT

STATIC MESH

(I change the ground lightmap for better look the lighting)

Comment

Well, does the side surfaces have inside wall? And can you double click on the static mesh in content browser and show me the static mesh editor of that object?

Comment

It's a Wood stove, I want to make a fire with wood inside. And use a light which casts shadows. The source light is the fire.

Mesh editor :

I looked again and again, I have no reverse faces.

Comment

Working...
                        X