Photoshop 1024 x 1024 = UDK 128?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    nah I suppose I was just getting my head around making meshes in max and the best way for texturing.. especially when an object is not always square, but I suppose as long as the unwrapped mesh fits in the ole 1024 x 1024 render template empty space is just not textured anywhere. I am just trying to get a Max to PS to UDK pipeline in order (hence my other question about the mesh sizing also).

Cheers

S.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So what is the problem? The scale of the material on the surface? Select the surface and go to surface properties, or just press F5, and select the UV scale for that surface.

Also, the brush size isn't the same as texture size. Texture sizes are pixels, while brush sizes are measured in unreal units, and they're not the same as pixels.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Photoshop 1024 x 1024 = UDK 128?

Photoshop 1024 x 1024 = UDK 128?

Hi all,

In the attached screen shot I made a floor panel in Photoshop that was 1024 x 1025. When I created it as a material in UDK to get it to apply to a BSP with the correct scaling, the brush in the image is 128 x 1024 (1024 long to get the tiling side of it). How does a square in photoshop of 1024 x 1024, basically end up as a square in UDK as 128 x 128?

Hope that waffle is not too confusing.

S.
Working...
X