Creating a UVW map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating a UVW map

Hello UDK community, for the past 2 months i have been trying to figure out how to get a great UVW template created on any character I make. Now considering that the UDK is best with applying only 1 map I can't get this done its always 1 very crappy distorted map and i am using the 3ds max uvw unwrapper to create this.I am wondering what methods you other mappers are using so i can become a better modeler.

Originally posted by Code Jackers View Post
    Hello UDK community, for the past 2 months i have been trying to figure out how to get a great UVW template created on any character I make. Now considering that the UDK is best with applying only 1 map I can't get this done its always 1 very crappy distorted map and i am using the 3ds max uvw unwrapper to create this.I am wondering what methods you other mappers are using so i can become a better modeler.
    Everyone uses 3ds unwrapper

Comment

For characters I highly recommend layout pro (not free btw) but it is pure awesome. http://www.uvlayout.com/
      It takes a little learning process to use but once you know the UI UV's become a stress of the past.

PS, standard 3dsmax unwrapper is a little primitive and I would recommend looking for free plugins that expand the ease of using it.

Comment

Working...
      X