Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Blender -> UDK smoothing issues [Solved!]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blender -> UDK smoothing issues [Solved!]

Hi everyone!

I'm just wondering if anyone's getting smoothing issues similar to mine, when importing .ASE files exported from Blender into UDK. Have a look at what I mean below:

UDK on the left and Blender on the right. The issue is apparent in the supports and the bakery sign. I have set all surfaces to SOLID, so that should not be the problem.

Using blender 2.49a and Goofos ASR exporter script v0.6.9

Go to modifier > smooth

Comment

Thanks darknet, but I don't really understand what you mean by that. If I add a new smooth modifier with a repeat of greater than 0, then the whole model will be deformed. If I create a Smooth modifier with 0 repeat value, then there is no change to the model, and when importing that there is no difference in UDK. :S

Comment

Try finding goofosASE-2.44v0.6.12.py. It has an option that allows you to export proper smoothing from blender.

Comment

Thanks so much JoshuaC! - 0.6.12 with UT option checked exports the models with proper smoothing!!! I can now continue with my project!

Comment

sorry for asking
            but there is any non rapidshare version? because i cant download it

Comment

Originally posted by PixelHunter View Post
              sorry for asking
              but there is any non rapidshare version? because i cant download it
              I sent you a non rapidshare link through PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GRoss View Post
                Thanks darknet, but I don't really understand what you mean by that. If I add a new smooth modifier with a repeat of greater than 0, then the whole model will be deformed. If I create a Smooth modifier with 0 repeat value, then there is no change to the model, and when importing that there is no difference in UDK. :S
                You don't use the Smooth modifier for smoothgroups, that's not what that modifier is for. Use "Edge Split" for mesh smoothing (smooth groups).

Comment

Yeh, thanks for clearing that up kat - I have always used Edge Split tool, but I though maybe Smooth has some special purpose, which has escaped me before (in addition to obviously smoothing the mesh)

Comment

Working...
                  X