Blender to UDK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blender to UDK

Hey guys I was wondering how I could get my blender models into udk. I know they have to be ase files so I downloaded goofos. I think I downloaded the right version, but I don't have the option on my blender exporter to select ase files.

Make sure you have the script path to be place in there.

C:\Documents and Settings\%user\Application Data\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts\

Put it in the scripts folder. There are two path.

Comment

I put it in a python folder, but still no results.

Comment

Depending on your OS, you may have to install the script in the

C:\Documents and Setting\*yourusername*\Application Data\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts\ directory like darknet suggested (XP)

or

C:\Users\*yourusername*\Application Data\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts\ (Vista)

I was able to get it working with less errors by putting it in the C:\Program Files\Python\Scripts\ directory, but that didn't work for you I see.

Other than that, I don't know what to say

Comment

You can always just open the script file in Blender test editor and ALP-P in the window to run it from there!

Comment

If you could slowly walk me through it that would be great. Like a screenshot. So far everything I've tried is not working.

Comment

If you put the script in the correct spot you should just be able to export it from the export menu.

Comment

@Dudeman95 what window os do you have? xp, visita, window7?

Comment

vista. Oh and I have a zip for the goofo also. I extracted it and still nothing.

Comment

You might need 2.6.4 python install for it just in case.

Comment

Just open the script in the text editor and Alt+P it to run of you're having problems, it's a failsafe fallback.

Comment

I had the same problem too. Here is what you do, make sure you go to control panel and find where you can show all folders as admin. Next, um let me see.... U go to like C: then I think its app data, and I forgot the rest, but there are a few folders and one of them is going to have blender, anyway, u go to the .scripts folder and paste the script in there

Comment

As Kat and myself earlier mentioned - as long as you have Blender and Python installed, just open the script in the text editor and run in. Nothing can go wrong in this situation.

Comment

sorry to butt in here, but i was playing with blender 2.5 alpha0 today (it's going to take time) but i exported a simple mesh via collada with no problems, just had to scale it up some what, imported into udk fine with correct uv's and material slot

Comment

In my case it doesn't support collision models. Do you have the same?

Comment

Working...
                              X