Building texturing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Building texturing

I have been having a issue with texturing a building. I have modeled one in 3ds max and imports fine, but none of the textures show up on it. Also it imports as one object so whatever material I put on it will be for the roof, walls, floors, etc.

So my question is how can I make it to where I can make the buildings textures show up when imported into UDK or how to texture it without having to redo the building in UDK.

Trillan, I'm not sure about what you're asking but...
    UDK won't import any textures with the mesh. You must import the textures separately and turn them into materials by using UDK's material editor. There's a good reason for that since UDK's editor offers more options for improving the look of your materials.
    Now... If you want to use multiple different materials on the same mesh you should create a Multy/Sub Object Material instead of using complete different materials in 3ds Max. That will create addtional material slots on the imported mesh where you can apply any material you wish.

Comment

Alright that worked.

I simply was trying to get one texture to work for walls, while not having the inside wall looking like the outside.

Comment

Working...
      X