Blender to UDK - Weird Smoothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blender to UDK - Weird Smoothing

I've been using blender for a while in Source engine games, but now I'm looking to move over to the UDK for a little project I want to work on.

So far I've been messing around for a whole day and can export models I've made into the UDK but the smoothing on the model is really messed up.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong here?

Seems like it was the ASE exporter messing things up.

Comment

trinary will be the past

Goofos (blenders ase exporter script) is pretty terrible from what i can tell (also have smoothing problem regardless of smooth group export settings)(Actually workd better for me to export as .obj). Thats pretty much the only reason im downloading 3ds max hehe...but hopefully blender 2.5 will have nicely fixed built in ase export module. (out soon)
      That would be heaven...have tried building with bsp, its ok unless you want to make anything look nice :s untill it malfuncions and leaves blank yet physical pollys due to a third binary state or something ....would say its vistas fault but im on 7 now..so i came to the conclusion that i may aswell model everything in blender and import but then my UV's disappear in 3d and the static mesh viewer, the model was properly UV'd scaled materialed and textured before export...

Comment

Originally posted by innocentdeviant View Post
        Goofos (blenders ase exporter script) is pretty terrible from what i can tell (also have smoothing problem regardless of smooth group export settings)(Actually workd better for me to export as .obj). Thats pretty much the only reason im downloading 3ds max hehe...but hopefully blender 2.5 will have nicely fixed built in ase export module. (out soon)
        That would be heaven...have tried building with bsp, its ok unless you want to make anything look nice :s untill it malfuncions and leaves blank yet physical pollys due to a third binary state or something ....would say its vistas fault but im on 7 now..so i came to the conclusion that i may aswell model everything in blender and import but then my UV's disappear in 3d and the static mesh viewer, the model was properly UV'd scaled materialed and textured before export...
        Once I switched to a modified .ase exporter I haven't had any problems.

So far, the alpha 2.5 blender doesn't have any .ase exporter, but here's hoping they'll make one.

Comment

uh, i think your plants are a little on the large side lol. looks awesome though, keep at it.

Comment

Working...
          X