guide to create weapons please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    You know you can also make references. I have a cylinder that represents the approximate dimensions of a game character, and another cylinder that represents the approximate size and orientation of the link gun. I put them in a scene before modeling something to always get a sense of scale. Sometimes going low-tech is the easiest/best solution, but as Geodav mentioned, you can attach meshes to sockets in the mesh browser. Search the UDK/UDN sites for socket snapping and I'm pretty sure there's a 3dbuzz on the subject?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yes you can !!!!
    if you look to the top left of the animset veiwer, you'll see a section where you can add meshes you'll also have to select the sochet to attack it to

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm bumping this thread to ask if there is anyway to view a player model holding weapons aside from doing it in-game. I'm trying to get the scale and proportions of my weapon model right, but it's really hard to do so when I can't easily see what it will actually look in the hands of a character model.

Is there a way to show a character model holding a weapon model in the skeletal mesh editor? If not, is there anything else I can do besides looking at bots/players holding my weapon in-game? Even a command to pause the movement of all bots in-game would be helpful, if such a command exists.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thanks
    When I have created the first weapon I put it on the forum

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Geodave has done an extensive amount of tutorials on this subject,
    http://sites.google.com/site/ut40kmo...ideo-tutorials

Highly recommended

Leave a comment:

• started a topic guide to create weapons please help

guide to create weapons please help

hello I wanted to ask if someone could make a guide to animate and import of arms in UDK? with any program with a guide I get by thanks in advance.

This is a nice compliment forum

always an excuse for English but use a translator
Working...
X