best free modelling tool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best free modelling tool?

I have always used blender, but it works really bad with udk.
    I get see through meshes and stuff.
    anyway, are there any other free 3d applications that DO work with UDK?
    because I really can't afford 3ds max or maya or something

try the softimage modtool

Comment

wow, thank you, I wish I knew of this software before... then I'd have probably been using it for some time

one question, does it support unreal 3 out of the box? because I see it on their homepage, but not on the plugin download page

Comment

Yes it fully supports UDK/UR3 export to ASE and or use the ActorX pluging on the UDK
        site also Collada via Crosswalk.

Comment

If my memory serves me correctly, dont Autodesk have a feebie one for game designers, I cant remember what its called, also I also think Maya also do a personal edition too

Comment

Originally posted by MrEL40Guy View Post
            If my memory serves me correctly, dont Autodesk have a feebie one for game designers, I cant remember what its called, also I also think Maya also do a personal edition too
            It is called a ModTool and it's for moders - game designers need/want to purchase a full version of max/maya or xsi - all these brands belong to Autodesk.

Comment

Originally posted by mslaf View Post
              It is called a ModTool and it's for moders - game designers need/want to purchase a full version of max/maya or xsi - all these brands belong to Autodesk.
              XNA is not for modders, you can design games with modtool as well.
              you need to purchase the full version if you want to go commercial

Comment

Working...
              X