Blender UCX collision Ignored?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blender UCX collision Ignored?

Does anyone know if it's possible to create UCX collision in Blender? I made a collection of boxes around a subway car model I need for it's internals, but UDK doesn't respond to it at all...

I've been using this resource in the link below. I don't understand why it isn't working - I'm checking the box on import so it isn't that, and I'm putting the UCX_Mesh names into the OB: field, so what's up with it?

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/Colli...tor Properties

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone got a clue what's up here?

Comment

Is your collision model one object or multiple?
      I think it needs to be one object but to be honest I am not positive. Since no one else seems to be chiming in so I thought I would take a stab.
      I am going by the info in this tutorial
      Youtube tutorial for max but should apply

I usually build all simple collision in the editor with blocking volumes.

Comment

It's a collection of simple boxes - but the tutorial by Epic shows an image that functions perfectly with two boxes on it... :S

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
          It's a collection of simple boxes - but the tutorial by Epic shows an image that functions perfectly with two boxes on it... :S
          Open the ASE file you're trying to import in text editor and see if collision nodes (geometry pieces in ASE terms) have UCX_ prefix.

Code:
          *GEOMOBJECT {
          	*NODE_NAME "UCX_collision"
          	*MESH {

Comment

For blender collision to unreal it quite simple to do. Just clone your mesh object and rename it to UCX_(current object cone name). But be sure you have scale it correctly in blender not in unreal.

Example:
            Scene
            -MyCube
            -UCX_MyCube

Comment

@mslaf

I tried looking into that, but there was no other model loaded in. It was just the primary mesh.

@darknet

I tried that, but now if I import with one Convex per UCX object, it's extremely simplistic. However, importing without that check does give me something that looks like what I want - but some of the collision planes are extending into infinity when I view it in the Static Mesh editor, and it causes real problems in game... :S

Comment

Oh that your need to normal your face to fix it. That happen to me couple times. It deal with with visible faces.

Comment

How do I normal it?

Sorry, but I'm just a newb to the whole UDK model pipeline...

Comment

It deal with face being visible or not. Faces doesn't show both side when it render the model for unreal. The object has to be hollow inside. If the object is not hollow it create random faces.

To fix this. You need to select all face in edit mode then CRTL + N (in the view port of the 3d model from your mouse cursor) to normal the face out ward to show visible faces.

Let me see your image of your model so see what idea you might have problem with.

Comment

Working...
                    X