Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rigging in Softimage

Good morning everyone...

This is my first time posting here and I love the power of Unreal, I just have a question in regarding to rigging models with XSI. I have always used a null as the global parent of the rig (Named Global SRT) with a spine and a bunch of controls...

Is there a specific way to rig my models within XSI to be used in the UDK? I am planning a fighting game and need a rig that will work with all of the models...

Thanks.

I think i solved the problem...I had to delete the nulls and replace the spine with real bones

Comment

A shadow rig is generally a good way of doing it for games. You have the basic skeleton that's enveloped to the mesh and is exported to the game, then a separate rig with all the extra controls you use to animate with but don't want actually want to export. If you build a skeleton from a biped guide it can create a skeleton with shadow setup automatically.

Comment

I didn't use the biped guide at all... I have a custom rig that uses the spine and I made a foot roll for both feet. All morning, i have been pulling out my hair trying to set up. I just wish someone made a nice in depth tutorial on how to do this from XSI.

I also have multiple meshes that make up this character but i get only one material... i already know that i can add a material in the UDK.

What are some shortcuts for this...like i want to have the model in chunks.

Comment

Rigging in Softimage

Hey guys,

I have a rigging question. I need to animate a tent in a cartoony way. Its like this:

Some one is in the tent sleeping and snoring heavily. Rather then to show the person himself, I want to suggest it by making the tent squash and stretch. I think I will use a combination of bones and dynamics. The bones for the squash and stretch and dynamics to smiulate the tent canvas.

I dont rig much so I wanted to check how you would do it.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by NeptuneImaging View Post
            I think i solved the problem...I had to delete the nulls and replace the spine with real bones
            I often use XSi, indeed it is my favorite software.
            Could you give me more details about your last problem ?

You had a conflict with your rig in the game, and you changed the null by a bone to solve the problem ? I am just so curious about the problem and the relation with your issue ^^

Comment

Well, i built my own rig because the foot roll was predictable...i think the problem was that I had used the Isner Spine instead of the normal bones... for stuff like breasts jiggling and the spine, i used implicits. I am going to rig the model again just to keep my sanity. I have over 6 models to redo and rig...

stay tuned.

Comment

I got it... the shadow skeletons work in UDK... i constructed my own if anyone is interested in the process

Comment

Working...
                X