Legs not just arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legs not just arms

Hi! i would like to know how to add legs to a custom model in fp view not just arms///something similar to mirror's edge or crysis///is this possible and if so how do i go about achieving the effect.......................

i've found this weird as well in unreal it seems that its common for fps games nowdays to have an actual body that you can see when looking down, or in mirrors or such, and even unreal when you move the came out, you see your character. but the gun still magicaly floats and reloads itself and you have no feet when looking down. i understand there may be a minute preformance increase doing this. but what are the real reasons?

Comment

Maybe you could acheive this by removing the characters head and placing the 3rd person camera at eye level?

Comment

soryy no idea how to do it, but have a look in the family class, there's a code line for the FPArms, if you replace the arms with a full mesh it might work, don't forget you'll need anims as well plus the code to call the anims

Comment

If you just want legs, just look at how the arms are done and do the same for the legs. Or do as geodav said and try replacing the entire arm mesh with a full character.

Comment

Ok! thanks i will try all the suggested methods see how things go///just really wish epic included this aspect with UT3...........

Comment

Working...
            X