Actor X Maya 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's 5 days now...

LE: i doubt that we'll see the plug-in before the next beta. what i don't get is what's with the freekin' silence?!

Comment

strange thing. the link for the x64 version works sometimes and not others. so i managed to dl it, but its not the proper format for a maya plugin. its a ".dlu", what format is that? and if this is a new plugin format for Maya how do we get it to install bc right now Maya is not recognizing it.

thanx guys!

Comment

.dlu is 3DSMax plugins

Comment

Have you tried collada?

Comment

Originally posted by TheAgent View Post
            Man im behind on my project :[
            Install Maya2010 32bit until the 64bit plugin is linked....The Maya 2010 license is the same for 32bit and 64bit versions. I can't see how you can be behind just because you can't use the 64bit version.

Comment

We could use 32bit, or even collada, but the situation is still embarrassing...

Comment

Concur.

But i guess i'd have to setup 2 workspaces just because i want to export my models -.-

Comment

I don't really see what the big deal is...I always install the 32bit and 64bit versions of my 3D apps... for the exact same reasons that have occurred with the ActorX plugin. If you own 3DSMAX you'll soon see that a lot of plugins are not compatible with 64bit (although it's getting better) ...not sure about plugin support for Maya...there doesn't seem to be as many.

Comment

still busted

as of 11/29 its still busted (link for 64bit)

Comment

link i still broken.

Comment

In their Mastering Unreal Technology series, the 3DBuzz guys recommend Collada for all that. I'm trying to use it but I can't figure out what I'm supposed to be doing. xD

Comment

Originally posted by spooky_paul View Post
                          We could use 32bit, or even collada, but the situation is still embarrassing...
                          really? it would work on Maya 2010 64 bit on a 64 bit Vista machine?

i'll give it a try

Comment

Originally posted by cybran View Post
                            really? it would work on Maya 2010 64 bit on a 64 bit Vista machine?

i'll give it a try
                            Code:
                            // Error: Unable to dynamically load : C:/Users/Cybran/Desktop/ActorX.mll
                             // 
                            // Error:  // 
                            // Error:  (ActorX) //
                            guess not :P

Comment

Working...
                            X