Model animation + importing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Model animation + importing

I'm Working on a model and soon I am going to import it into the editor, but I want to know about requirement, since it is a model+animation. Is there a maximum of animation, and how many frame per animation? How to export using 3dsmax for animation? How to make the physic of the model into the editor (If im not wrong , it's the collision)...About the Bones, my models is not human at all, do i have to make bones and what are the use of the bones in unreal engine?...So that what I would like to know, I am soon making a start of a game with one of my friend,( yes it's a lot of jobs ), and I would like to know more about things that I never knew in Unreal Engine 3, Here the list of exactly what I need to know:
    • Exporting animation and how if I am using 3dsmax
    • Animation, maximum frame and maximum animation
    • Physic (if im not wrong , its the collision yes? how should I make it)
    • Bones (important?, what are they exactly, I used them once in 3dsmax, never in unreal engine)

So if someone could answer with a nice Tutorial, or just to clear out some of my point, Its the first model im making! Thanks a lot people!

hourences tutorials are excellent. google hourences.

Comment

Indeed, Hourences has good tutorials, and I knew them already. But none of them answer my question up here ( Actually, he explains about Collision but not for animated model, and I wonder if there is a difference between animated and static for collision ).

Thanks for your time anyway, <3 Hourence tutorial !

Comment

Exporting animation and how if I am using 3dsmax
        http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/ActorX.html

Animation, maximum frame and maximum animation
        I haven't noticed any limit on animation length so far. Export as much as you need.

Physic (if im not wrong , its the collision yes? how should I make it)
        Physics for Skeletal Meshes are made in the Physical Asset editor in UDK.

Bones (important?, what are they exactly, I used them once in 3dsmax, never in unreal engine)
        If I remember correctly the 3dsmax version of ActorX understands hierarchies and converts them as bones. But yes, you need something that ActorX can interpret as a bone to be able to export a skeletal mesh.

Comment

Many thanks to you Denny !

That is the kind of answer I like.

Comment

This might help: http://www.mattbarryonline.co.uk/tut...nimations.html

It's for characters that are not controlled by the player though, but the first half should give you an idea on how to export the animations.

Comment

OoOooo! Thanks to you! It's going to be realy usefull; A complete tutorial to export , I will read it right away!

Comment

Also make sure you are using the latest builds of these plug-ins.

The ActorX link above is not the latest.

Look here -

Exporting animation and how if I am using 3dsmax
                http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/ActorX.html

Comment

Originally posted by Psine View Post
                  The ActorX link above is not the latest.
                  If you cared to compare you'd notice that it actually is. It's just a virtual link to the same page.....

Comment

They do now

Comment

Working...
                    X