does UDK do modeling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I use 3ds Max and it's great to work with Unreal. But with all the export plugins and stuff out there, just find a program you like - most of them are capable.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I use 3d max and Maya. I also used to do a bit of blender work in highschool with ut 2004. It's all the same process for all of them. Make the model. Centre it in the middle of the scene 0,0,0 and get rid of all history and transformations and make sure it's unwrapped and export it with collada tools or a couple of other file types. It's pretty straight forward
    For character biped work though thats when 3d programs tend have problems with udk compatibility. But animation embedding is easy also with most 3d programs

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What's the most compatible modelling program with UDK? One where most features are transported to Unreal without loss of animations, textures, scaling, etc.

What did most UT3 modders use before, and is it still the better choice for UDK?

Sorry I had to ask this, I'm a bit of a dinosaur. The last FPS I modded was Duke Nukem 3D, seriously (and before that, Descent I).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'd fully recommend Blender, especially the 2.5 version that's coming out next.

There is some support for to get content from blender to unreal, but no actorx/facefx plugins. It would be nice if epic would consider Blender for their pipeline.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sorry dude but UDK is a game engine not a modeling package.
    Still not many people can afford Apps like Max and Maya so I would recommend Blender if you want free/cheaper alternative.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Short answer not really.
    You can do some modeling with BSP brushes (like Unreal Tournament 1 was done), but that's a lot more unstable & performance expensive in this version of the engine so it's not recommended to use BSP for anything else than basic shelling out your map. For everything else use meshes from max etc.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic does UDK do modeling?

does UDK do modeling?

Do I still need to use Maya or 3D Max or can UDK do it's own modeling?
Working...
X