X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Textures and Meshes

I imported some models from 3ds max aswell the textures
    but my problem is now the models are without textures in the editor
    just blue and white how can i assign the textures to the model?

The editor only imports the UV coordinates, not the textures themselves. You have to separately import textures and make materials out of them. Then you can find your model in the content browser and right click to access the static mesh editor. Under LODInfo, you can apply your materials. Keep in mind that if you want multiple materials on a model, you must use a multi/sub-object material in 3ds max on your model (so only one "top-level" material is applied to the mesh).

Comment

Originally posted by Crozz View Post
      The editor only imports the UV coordinates, not the textures themselves. You have to separately import textures and make materials out of them. Then you can find your model in the content browser and right click to access the static mesh editor. Under LODInfo, you can apply your materials. Keep in mind that if you want multiple materials on a model, you must use a multi/sub-object material in 3ds max on your model (so only one "top-level" material is applied to the mesh).
      yeah i already made materials but where's the static mesh editor
      do you mean the anim set editor?

btw: its a first person model with anims

Comment

The static mesh editor is used for static meshes. If you are talking about a skeletal mesh (please be clear) you'll get the anim set editor. Go to the "Mesh" tab in the lower left corner of the anim set editor and under SkeletalMesh there's a Materials input

Comment

Originally posted by Crozz View Post
          Thanks! The Import Static Mesh tutorial had me looking for a Materials section instead of being nested inside LODInfo.

Comment

Working...
          X