I just made my first UDK map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just made my first UDK map

I put map files on another computer but it didnt work. So I have to redo everything.

Why did you share this image, and then delete it? Just curious.

Comment

There was no response. so I thought no one cares. Then later I had forgot that I made this post.

Comment

It looks like something from halo but the textures are blurry for me(unless its for mobile)

Comment

Quake 4 - entrance map?

Comment

I want to make a youtub video of the map.
            Can someone give me advice on how to record game play?

Comment

Originally posted by Sci-Fi View Post
              Its a halo 3 map, just for testing and learning.
              After I learn how to make a campaign level with triggers/bot AI, vehicles and characters,
              Then I have an idea to make one from scratch. I have some custom buildings I want to add as well.

Also, I want to make a youtub video of the map.
              Can someone give me advice on how to record game play?
              Try Fraps http://www.fraps.com/ And Youtube upload is probably best using .wmv

For your map where sand meets rock, look into using Linear Interpolate in a material so you can blend between them with vertex paint, and get a more windswept look.

Comment

Thanks for the fraps link Snipe34. I really appreciate it.
                I am looking into vertex painting, that would make a big difference in the quality of the textures for sure.
                I am also trying to learn how to make the specular map look right.

Comment

Besides the many UDK tutorials you'll find around the place, CGTextures also has some (great textures) and also helpful tutorials. Main Page > Tutorials

http://www.cgtextures.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X